attached to the shoulder.
The KB Swing. It’s a swing.
…Not a squat.
…Not a front raise or lift.
1) Arms are loose…ropes attached at shoulder. Mostly b/c you’d be preparing to clean or snatch the bell.
2) Hips go slightly back and stay high. Like pushing a swing, you stand behind and push from behind, same with KB…not an up/down movement.
3) Get really good pro advice and instruction in bells, that’s a fast moving ball of steel.
1) I like the pendulum visual. Though Russian and “American” swing don’t just differ by height of Swing. Russian is the swing, it is “soft style”. The American version is a hybrid swing, squat, raise…mostly born from people not teaching it right, lack of backside flexibility, and lack of motivation to learn the KB Snatch (some say, the only way to take a bell overhead is to Snatch it…but that’s for you to talk amongst yourselves about).
2) The Master, Rudnev. Just play vid 2 at 4:10 and hear/see “the biggest mistake.” (clearly see diff. between American hard-style and Russian soft-style)